OLAS at Lynn

OLAS is a club at Lynn University designed to promote the rich Latin American culture within the Lynn community. We welcome everyone to become a part of our club, and learn more about the Latin cultures. OLAS is a great way to meet new people, get involved and have fun on campus.

jueves, 2 de junio de 2011

Sabor Cuban Continental Cuisine (Cuban Cuisine)

This time after reading Dan and Esther's comments on
Sabor, I was amazed on what a bargain they got for their food. I should definitely start looking in the newspaper for specials like the one Dan and Esther described below. I decided to go and eat there and was amazed on how good the food is! I am a tough critic, because I like food and I need something really good to make my heart pump faster.

This is what Dan and Esther had to say about Sabor:

"The usual Cuban restaurant suspects are here, but there are some nice additions as well, including lamb chops, Greek salad, grilled tuna salad, seafood linguine, filet mignon and a burger as well. This former barbecue restaurant has been totally remodeled and is designed for a quiet atmosphere in one room, with a bar area in the other room. It’s quite nice .

OUR FAVORITE FOOD/PRICE My wife ordered the churrasco (grilled skirt steak with chimichurri sauce, $15.95), while I went with the lechon asado (roast pork, $13.95). I also ordered flan for dessert, and my wife got café con leche to round off her meal. The meals came with the soup of the day (white bean), black beans and rice. While I thought my pork was wonderful, after tasting my wife’s steak, I know I’ll order that the next time. We used a coupon from the newspaper and got our $13.95 entree for 99 cents. What a bargain.

REASON TO GO Good food. We loved everything we ate. Our server, Yani, was wonderful. She was pleasant to chat with, and even encouraged some other dishes for the next time. NOISE LEVEL Because of the design, it was nice and quiet. We could hear people chatting at the next booth, but just barely. KID FRIENDLY A good Cuban sandwich would keep most kids happy.

Definitely, this restaurant will deserve a second visit in the near future to try out other specialties on their menu!"

An Argentinean couple trying out Latin American restaurants for our friends at OLAS.

Daniel & Esther Caballero


I have to agree on their views on Sabor as it is a place that I would go back to.

Urbanspoon Rating 90%
Alberto's Rating 90%

How to get there:

View Larger Map

SABOR
Cuban Continental Cuisine
220 No Congress Avenue
Boynton Beach, Fl 33426
561.200.4860

For more info contact me at acampos@email.lynn.edu

3 comentarios:

  1. Dan's critique of the restaurant is fantastic! I want one of those coupons:)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I love that you are adding in critiques from other people so that we know it is not a biased view on the restaurant. I have to agree with Carrie Dan's Critique is fantastic!! I don't have very much time left before i leave for Texas but I will try all of these places when i get back in the Fall :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Something that I really don't trust is reviews from people that you do not know. I know it seems odd but thats me. With Daniel's critique, I totally trust the restaurant that it is good, since I know Daniel and his appetite. Great choice and congratulations on your first petition on reviewing a certain restaurant.

    ResponderEliminar